Thursday, May 04, 2006

 

My first reflection

"My opinion matters." I think that's the first belief a blogger embraces. Really, it's the epiphany every writer experiences before she or he can commit to public self-expression. Exposing oneself is needless otherwise. Personally, I never imagined that I would one day blog. I’ve beaten the confidence barriers, for the most part, and I care about the happenings of our world. But blogging requires additional commitment – of time, to quality – that I fear I’m not willing to give at present. Who knows, maybe I’ll fall madly in love with this medium and it won’t be the effort I expect. But worthwhile ventures require strain and sweat and resolve to be fruitful, and, regardless, this class will ensure that I remain disciplined enough to make my blog credible news, with the qualities relevance, timeliness, quality, diversity and receptivity. I wouldn’t fulfill my journalistic duty otherwise.

Comments:
I find myself taking the extra time to fix mistakes in my blogs and even doing a little fact checking since they're basically publications for which I'm the only person responsible.

You'll do fine!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?